subheading

This is my blog, and it is dangerous. Do you think I want to die like this?





Thursday, February 24, 2011

I play Sims (part17)

Rachel just got off work, and it looks like she's nabbed another promotion.  Good job, Rachel!

That's not the only thing that happened at work today. 

Also, you really need to turn around.  That vestibule is spawning creepers today.
I'll bet you're all wondering what's been going on at home - and that you all want to know the same thing: what has that Mysterious Mr. Gnome been up to?  I'm glad you asked.  When he's not showing off doing gnomestands on the deck, he's keeping a very close eye on Stanley's thriving garden.
When Stanley's not in school, tending his garden, or helping out around the house ...
...he spends a bit of his free time on the computer.
Unfortunately, Stanley had invited that weird teenager home after school and promptly began ignoring him, so he just kind of lingered ... until he eventually found his way into the garden to do his homework.
But it's not all work here - Suri's finally having another birthday!  Guess who came to celebrate?
As it turns out, the weird teenager is actually related to Stanley's & Suri's father - so he's their cousin.  Not that this explains even 80% of what's going on with him.
I guess we all know what happens next.  There's only so many rodeos you can attend before ... you know.  Don't look at me, I don't get paid to write this shit.  I may not even be awake right now.
What comes with it?

That sounds great.  Tell me more.

But what about teenage boys, shitting their pants with joy?

But what if I want more sparkles?
Wow, that sounds amaz- why are you choking?

Looks like your weird cousin is disappoint.  He can't ask you to take a romantic homework in the garden with him.  Oh well, cake!
Based on her expression, Suri has jumped into being a teenage girl with both feet and is automatically detesting every word that comes from her mother's mouth.

Have you ever noticed how easy it is to get promoted in the Sims? 
Rachel has been promoted to Chairman of the Board.  She must be over the moon.
Unfortunately, things don't get less strange after Rachel gets home.

Wait for it.

See you in Shang Simla, China.  It wouldn't kill you to pick up some real pajamas while you're there.

I Play Sims (part18)

*Explained in comments*
submit to reddit
add to del.icio.us saved by 0 users

25 comments:

Madeline Hammersmark said...

I think the last two screens might haunt my dreams.

E. Studnicka said...

You know the Botox is working when your teenage daughter looks about ten years older than you.

And we all wonder why Stanley is mentally imbalanced.

Unknown said...

Dude, Suri's NECK is troubling me still. Did she steal Rachel Ray's?

E. Studnicka said...

P.S. 2nd to last frame:
Stanley, do you ever feel like a plastic bag drifting through the wind wanting to start again?

Unknown said...

Something has actually been bugging me about Suri since she turned into a teenager - she reminded me of someone, and I just couldn't quite put my finger on it. Then it came to me: Leslie Caron.

Of course, I doubt anyone except for maybe your grandmother and MWB will even know who that is. So, I've updated the post with a still of Leslie Caron from the movie Gigi for a side-by-side comparison of Suri.

Also, put down your damned electronic gadgets and go watch Gigi, An American in Paris, Daddy Long Legs, and Fanny, because it's shameful that you don't know who Leslie Caron is.

E. Studnicka said...

Oh. My. God.
That is undeniably freaky.

E. Studnicka said...

P.S. I may be going to Black Swan tonight. Mind if I take a stab at it with my own rapier like wit?

Unknown said...

Go for it.

E. Studnicka said...

Just got back from Black Swan.
Man, frames 1, 2, and 12 look totally different now.

E. Studnicka said...

Frame 15 too.

Unknown said...

I was going to ask if you were stalking my blog, but um ... I'm starting to think you think my blog's stalking you. :p

E. Studnicka said...

Yes, almost like the bloody hallucination of my mother who hangs out in my kitchen.

Unknown said...

MWB, do you need to come over and spend the night on our couch? I promise there's nary a Portman or a Kunis under it.

E. Studnicka said...

I would take you up on that, however I doubt if I could stand sleeping in the permanent residence of "The Room".
Unless... do you have Winona Ryder under your couch?

Unknown said...

If I did, you'd have to fight my husband for her.

E. Studnicka said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

My husband is a terrible dancer.
Are you going to write a Black Swan review?
Also, you don't happen to have a MWB e-mail address, do you?

E. Studnicka said...

Truth be told, I wasn't all that disturbed by the hang nail or the feathers or the red eyes or the nail-file incident in comparison with the sinister nose that adorned the perverted head of Thomas "with the silent s" Leroy.
I probably will post a review of Black Swan. I am also thinking of setting up another g-mail account so that I can accept review recommendations. We'll see how that pans out.

Unknown said...

Please, please set up a dedicated MWB gmail account. I need somewhere to annoy you other than our respective blogs. I mean - we're having conversations at this point - either move in with us, or give me a damned e-mail address where I can reach you.
morleynico@gmail.com

E. Studnicka said...

I'm starting to think that you do have telepathic skills. Last night as I was coming home from the movie I had that idea to start accepting recommendations through e-mail.
Either you're a master of mental telepathy or... you are actually a darker version of myself as projected through my disillusioned mind.
I really need to stop with these Black Swan references.

Unknown said...

You just want me to be your dark side.

E. Studnicka said...

As evidenced by Sims posts 1-17 your side is very dark indeed.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know the gnomes did that!! Their necks during the birthday transformation remind me of ET... Which btw have you seen this?


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMW3W-G43gI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Unknown said...

Kicking "activates" the Mysterious Gnomes. There are also different Mysterious gnomes from the destinations.

Also, no - I hadn't seen that. Hilarious! But, my laid-off husband had actually heard about it before me. Up is down, black is white. I don't know who I am anymore.

Blogger said...

Find out how 1,000's of people like YOU are working for a LIVING from home and are living their dreams right NOW.
GET FREE ACCESS TODAY