subheading

This is my blog, and it is dangerous. Do you think I want to die like this?





Thursday, February 10, 2011

Even unpaid bloggers need vacations

My sister came to visit - which meant that on top of actually leaving my house (in broad daylight, no less) I didn't have time to do any writing for my blog.  Not so much of a big deal when it comes to having a loud and pointless moan, but when it comes to Sims updates, the larder is dry - so it'll be a little while before I'm able to get another one of those puppies up.

I feel a little silly warning you that I'll be later than usual with my blog homework, considering that I have more fingers than regular readers - plus, according to the pie chart below, 20% of my readership is my sister, and I'm pretty sure she already knew that I was busy.


Whatever.  I just wanted to reassure the few of you who were going to bed every night, shaking your fists in prayer, terrified I might stop writing Sims stories, that the rumors I started are not true.  There will be more Sims updates, once I get caught up on all the other things I couldn't get done while my sister was here.  Like those handwritten letters I send to the orphans who can't afford handwritten letters of their own.  If those things wrote themselves, I'd be done already.  And gosh darnit if those two kids of mine don't bug me to be fed a full three times a day.  What the hell, kids?

While I'm here, making excuses for not getting my unpaid work done, yet not bitching about Katy Perry or food I didn't have to prepare, I just wanted to wish each and every person who regularly, or even occasionally, reads my blog a Happy Valentine's Day in advance - and to ask all of you to be my Valentine.  I even have a card for you:


So whadda you say?
submit to reddit
add to del.icio.us saved by 0 users

7 comments:

E. Studnicka said...

Thank God you are back! After three days with no posts, I vowed that I would only eat breaded cardboard (aka chick'n patties) until you returned. You have no idea how good it feels to be the equivalent of two actual pies.

Unknown said...

My last blog entry was actually about NINE days ago - and uh, are you going to be one of my Valentines, or what? As you can see, I have A LOT of fans, here.

E. Studnicka said...

Exactly. I survived six days on meat-free, soy-free, sodium-free, calorie-free, preservative-free pulp!
I would rather drown my beloved pet skunk than NOT be your valentine.

Madeline Hammersmark said...

You didn't tell me I was coming to visit!

No wonder you weren't posting!

Phew! Glad THAT drought is over!

Unknown said...

@MWB - Yay!

Anonymous said...

20% FTW... And that doesn't even count the times I've read and tried to post comments as Zaggytiddied.

Unknown said...

Best. Valentine. Ever.