subheading

This is my blog, and it is dangerous. Do you think I want to die like this?





Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Ugh.

So, I've been dreading this post and clearly putting it off.

Something is up with my laptop - I can't play Sims for more than like, 15-20 minutes before it starts flashing black repeatedly and refusing to stop without me task managering the damned game off. If I let it go too long without shutting off the game, it will just shut the whole computer down. Yes, I have updated the driver for my graphics card, yes I use a cooling fan, religiously. No, you can not have a cookie. It will ruin your dinner.

Basically, unless my brain grows three sizes, or I suddenly become willing to give up my computer for god knows how long to insist Asus fixes it, the story may be done, indefinitely. I'm sorry about that. I do have a few more things to try, but it's become a bit harder to find time to dick around with irritating chores when much of my day is an irritating chore that I'm performing on about five hours of sleep, backwards, in heels.

I haven't completely given up on the Sims story, I just thought I needed to give a heads up rather than just fucking off and not producing a post a week like some of you might have grown accustomed. 

Which brings me to the next thing - I'll level with you - I'm a little burnt out. I don't want this to come off like a "beg me to keep writing?" post, but I am stretched a bit thin right now to be able to do the type of writing I was doing in the past, especially when it feels like fewer people are even reading this crap.

I don't think I'll stop writing completely, I need to write. I'm just ... unmotivated right now. Is there any way to do a post like this that doesn't sound like seeking attention? I promise that's not the goal here. I probably just need to adjust to how my schedule has changed.

Have I already posted this? It's weird as fuck.

submit to reddit
add to del.icio.us saved by 0 users

9 comments:

Unknown said...

*blink. blink.*

Unknown said...

It's okay Nico.
The Meccanhans are gone.
It's the last of them

The Shape said...

That video is very odd...might have to post that myself.

I know what you mean about being burnt out...sometimes finding enthusiasm to blog is hard...best to just do it when you are motivated...

Unknown said...

Yeah, I think I just needed to take the pressure off myself so this didn't turn into a contemptible obligation rather than an absurd activity.

E. Studnicka said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mu schedule has gotten kind of crazy too, but I swear I've never stopped reading your posts!!! PLEASE keep posting! You are a comedic goddess! We need you! We want you! We adore you! I will comment on every post! I will promote you on Facebook (which I've now joined... look me up). Pretty please with escargot on top, don't go away!

Unknown said...

Such unfettered LOVE!

I'm definitely not shutting down, I just won't be producing the way I used to, at least until I get a motivation implant. I'll have something for this coming Tuesday, although it's not necessarily that awesome.

Also, I am adding you on Facebook, Studnicka.

Madeline Hammersmark said...

If this blog starts giving out escargot, I will not be returning...

Unknown said...

Eh. You don't have to eat it, and it might be fun to pelt hobos with them.

Madeline Hammersmark said...

You're a cruel and unusual woman, Nico.