subheading

This is my blog, and it is dangerous. Do you think I want to die like this?





Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I'm Sick and Tired, Okay? (obstacle #3)

If you knew me, you'd know that my entire life revolves around the possibility of getting sick or running out of energy.  Boo-hoo, I know.  Don't worry, I don't plan on listing my symptoms, I find the subject just as boring as you do. 

But I can't get around the fact that having chronic fatigue and pain has a huge impact on my life, completely separate from just dealing with the symptoms.  It's been going on so long, I can't be certain what's even normal anymore.  When I observe other women's lives it seems as though they're able to get a lot more done, with a lot less turmoil and stress. 

It would be easy to label me as unmotivated or lazy.  I'm sure many have.  I am easily overwhelmed.  I've been sick and tired so long, it's hard to separate where the physical symptoms end and the mental fatigue begins.  Could I even be "normal" at this point, even if all the physical obstacles were removed?  Have the past 14 years re-wired my brain? 

This one feels phoned in.  And boring.  Not enough sleep last night.  Send coffee.
submit to reddit
add to del.icio.us saved by 0 users

No comments: