subheading

This is my blog, and it is dangerous. Do you think I want to die like this?





Thursday, September 23, 2010

Seasonal Decor (who has the energy?)

Not me.  No way.

But I admire those who do.  This is just another example of how I don't feel like everyone else.  My mother once exclaimed, "You're so unconventional!"  Or maybe it was "non-traditional".  I can't even remember what it was specifically in reference to, but I can almost positively assert that the reason behind the lack of tradition was pure lack of motivation, and not a desire to be a giant, walking quirk.  Despite the fact that's precisely what I end up being most of the time.

At some point when my kids are old enough to notice, I'll have to do it up for Christmas, at the very least.  I have a box full of ornaments sitting in my closet, just waiting for me to "get my tree on". (gag)  It's not that I don't like the idea of decorating for the season - I grew up with it - it's just that I know myself too well.  If I somehow manage to muster up the energy to get the crap up in time for the particular holiday, I will invariably not have the energy to get it down properly. 

The word "properly" is necessary because I can't just tear it down and shove it in a box, all crazy business.  If I wanted that, I'd just have my husband do it.  He can cram things indiscriminately into places that make not a whit of sense like he's getting paid to do it.  I'd need the time, energy and motivation to organize the decorations back into the box, or it's just not getting done.  Which is why I never pull them out of the box in the first damned place.

Life would be so much easier if I didn't get the twitches from disorganization.   
 
submit to reddit
add to del.icio.us saved by 0 users

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't be bothered to decorate for Valentines day, Easter, 4th of July, or any of that's crap. I'm kind of always decorated for St. Patricks day but I enjoy my irish heritage (I named my daughter Aine... Something no one is going to pronounce right... ever). Halloween, however, is my favorite holiday and I'm already itching to get the stuff out. Make no mistake, the boxes are not labeled. You never know what your going to find when you open it.
Christmas Nick has a TON of nutcrackers so between 400 of them, the tree, 4 people, and toys it gets a bit crowded. By the time it's up I can't wait to put it away. That's my motivation. I can't stand all the beady nutcracker eyes staring at me anymore. Te poor is, nothing says you have to fill your house with crap. Get a couple things you like and put it out... Or no! No one will be scarred for life if you don't decorate.

Anonymous said...

I apologize for the horrible grammar/completely wrong words. I'm on my phone and I wrote so much it wouldn't let me' see what I was typing anymore.