subheading

This is my blog, and it is dangerous. Do you think I want to die like this?





Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Mae Incident

I hadn't been spending as much time on the Sims 3 fan page as I had in the past, but I had been seeing several of my friends talking about a few people who had been posting often on the page getting on their nerves. In particular there was this girl named Mae, who relentlessly informed the page about every minutiae of her comings and goings, often bidding the group adieu while taking several hours to actually leave.

I wasn't able to screen cap our very first exchange of words, because she deleted it before I realized she had an itchy deletion finger and a raging case of the crazies. But it went a little something like this (my words are nearly verbatim, hers paraphrased sarcastically):

Mae: Hey everyone, I'm not going to be able to be online as long as usual tonight, so I just wanted to leave everyone the link to my page that I spam on this page every day, several times a day, to hold you over until my return.
Me: Why are you so concerned about everyone surviving without your presence?
Mae: Honey, I'm not concerned, I do this every day, just so you know.
Me: You do what every day, sugarcube?

If she replied, I didn't see it, because the entire thing was swiftly deleted. Don't you hate that shit? But she wasn't able to stay away for more than a moment - she posts her page link again:


At this point, Mae blocks me. Unfortunately for her, you can't block pages.  She posts again:


Then, promptly deletes it.  She is not happy at me right now, to say the least.  Another post (I've edited out a few replies here and there from other Sims 3 fans, for the sake of brevity) where Mae dictates how we're all to behave:


Boom. Also quickly deleted. Mae clearly has some control issues, and can not properly say goodbye unless and until it is done entirely on her terms. She posts thrice more:


I couldn't resist. I'm only human. If you were there, you'd almost swear you could actually hear the cogs and gears of her mind sproing right out the top her head. Again, the post disappears. She quickly posts this non-sequitur on someone else's wall post, then posts her own plea to the rest of the Sims 3 fans to protect her from me:


What follows are some of the responses to that plea, along with Mae's insistence that I'm harassing her to within an inch of her sanity and needs everyone else to help her report my page (click to enlarge):


Meanwhile, the last thing I've said to her is "sleep well". At this point, I go to bed - but according to Mae, I'm still working a dastardly plan:


That's it, in a giant rolling nutball.
.
submit to reddit
add to del.icio.us saved by 0 users

21 comments:

Madeline Hammersmark said...

HA! Oh dear lord, add me to the group. I'll make my own author page!

Unknown said...

To have access to this stuff, all you have to do is "like" the Sims 3 fan page.

TheClassicAwesome said...

Once Mae posted that she was going to take a shower, when someone told her no one cared she went off about me for some reason and how I posted about showering once.

Doesn't she know I don't take showers?! Eww, Hygiene!

Unknown said...

At first I thought she mistakenly assumed the world had to know what she was doing ... I'm not convinced she's absolutely out of her mind.

Lauren said...

I felt a little bad. But it was kind of funny how she was convinced you comment blocked her. :/ Even I had to chuckle at that one.

Unknown said...

Don't feel badly for her. I really wasn't mean to her at all, I simply pointed out that she behaves as though everyone hangs on her every word and mundane activity.

By the time she accused me of comment blocking her, I not only hadn't said a word to her since "sleep well" but I was also actually in bed. Someone else screen capped that part of her flip-out and sent it to me the next day.

Scarlet said...

She is a complete loon. I'm laughing even more after seeing it put all together lol

APH said...

...The Sims 3 page attracts many, many type of people, doesn't it?

Unknown said...

Thanks again for the screen cap, Scarlet.

APH, indeed it does. It's attracted me, for one thing.

Layle said...

Classic! Thtat was MOI who said that about no one caring that she's going to take a shower. Ohhh that was the first time that dear lil Mae tried to block me.

Not being able to block pages is such an ingenious idea when it comes to moments like these.

Unknown said...

Ah, kudos.

Usually, not being able to block pages is a pain in the ass, but it has come in handy with those who are extra sensitive to the truth.

Anonymous said...

I remember that last post she did, I wasn't sure who it was directed to though.

BTW, is it sad that even with the names blurred out, I could still recognise everyone? I've been on the site too many times....

Bridget Kelly said...

Aww, you missed my comment to her lol

Unknown said...

Kwon, I figured for the regulars, the blur-age was pointless - but I didn't want Mae giving herself a stroke if she found out I put her WHOLE name on my blog.

Sorry about that, Bridget. I had to edit out some of it to keep it manageable. <3 Rest assured, I probably thought what you said was funny.

Jen said...

My poor cat. She just ate a nutball. I think it might've been her.

Unknown said...

You have a very brave cat.

Niamh Butler said...

Almost everyday she says good morning simmers and says exactly what time it is and then continues to write out her life story during the rest of the day.

Unknown said...

Perhaps if more people pointed out that the Sims 3 fan page is not her personal wall and that no one cares, she might get the hint?

Probably not.

Lauren said...

Maybe she gets more attention on the fan page than her personal wall?

Unknown said...

You make a good point. Have you noticed that she has her own fan page on Facebook? Seriously, and it's not for a legacy story or a blog she's writing. It's just for her. She's a actress/director.

Unknown said...

an* actress/director. Almost everything about this chick makes my head spin.