subheading

This is my blog, and it is dangerous. Do you think I want to die like this?





Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Experiment

Awhile back, I was reading this blog post, which was about how kooky it was that you could buy Royal Wedding commemorative cards.  I made an off-hand comment about how these cards could actually be put to good use: sending to strangers, along with a hand-written note talking absolute nonsense.

Almost no one loves nonsense more than me, so it only took about five minutes before I decided I absolutely had to have these cards and needed, desperately, to send them to people I do not know, perhaps with my blog address very quietly written somewhere on the back of the card, in the hopes that the person will either come here and laugh at how bored a person could possibly be, or yell at me for wasting three vexing, precious minutes of their life.

So, I've finally penned my first note to a stranger - it's already been mailed, but of course I scanned a copy of to share with you. My witnesses.  Here is my first of hopefully many Letters to Strangers.

Click for full-sized silliness.


But, that isn't all I have for you today. I've also brought you this:



You can find a creepier thing I'm sure, but not by much.

.
submit to reddit
add to del.icio.us saved by 0 users

14 comments:

Layle (Natalie D.) said...

I can't imagine getting something like this from an unknown person. I wish I could be there to see the confusion on poor Corey's face when they read this. How in the world did you pick someone?

Unknown said...

Skin crawlingly good, raves Siskel and Ebert!
Fulton!

Unknown said...

Bunny Walker, don't you dare bring Fulton into this.

Natalie, divination (I'll tell you later.)

Rev. Back It On Up 13 said...

Nico, this is terrific. I can't believe someone actually spent earth dollars on those cards. I feel like a movement could take place if only a few other people started doing this...but there's only one you.

Unknown said...

It's like the god damned Queen herself just came to my blog to tell me my impulse buy and stupidity pleased her. I actually had an internal "squee".

I do plan to continue this experiment, until Lazlo Toth storms in and demands I stop biting his style.

Lauren said...

I might be weird...but I would love getting random stranger mail. I would put it on my refrigerator with the equally useless wedding and baby shower invitations. I'd probably even respond if there was a return address.

Unknown said...

I'd love it, too. But I'm not putting my return address on these, or even mailing them from where I live. I have evil assistants all over.

Madeline Hammersmark said...

Oh my god, my sister is an evil genius!!!!

I wish I didn't know you so that I could have a chance at receiving one of these darling letters!

Madeline Hammersmark said...

I NEED MORE OF THIS DAMN IT!

denimp said...

That video... it was.. it was.. Just wow..

Unknown said...

Pretty much, denim, pretty much.

Hammersmark! It's almost Chrimbus!! I have to make sure I don't anger Winterman. Maybe later. Soon.

Madeline Hammersmark said...

I'm shivering with antici... pation.

Blakenetizen said...

hahaha! pure awesome

Unknown said...

Thank you, thank you Blake.