subheading

This is my blog, and it is dangerous. Do you think I want to die like this?





Tuesday, November 12, 2013

The Popsicle Rant

I uploaded this video of me ranting about a misspelled and very crappy joke I found on my popsicle. If this sounds like an abnormal thing to do, you are not me. Whilst goofing around with the settings, trying to see if I could get myself to look less busted, I turned auto captions on to see what it would think I was saying.

For those unfamiliar with the auto caption feature on Youtube, basically it will automatically detect the language being spoken, then do its worst at guessing what's being said. It doesn't work on every video, for various reasons, none of which you care about, trust me.

When I turned the auto captions on, it would only give me captions in German. For one thing, it made me wonder why on earth it thought I was speaking German - other than the fact that my first sentence was "This ... makes me angry." At the same time it answered a question I didn't even need to know needed to be asked: exactly how drunk does Nico have to be for an invention to think she's speaking another language?

I set about translating the German captions only to find that I had a super power I wasn't aware of. I am apparently able to write German prose while speaking in English.

Let's take a look.

I'm sure it thought I wanted Fu-Schnickens.
Isn't everyone in Eastern Europe angry?
Everything. Just everything. I can feel it now.
Oh god, don't ask him, me.
His advice?

*sigh* "Just wipe your hands off and take a picture of this. You don't need to make a video of it."

Have he even ever met me?

If you were forced to have that giggle as your ringtone, you'd hunt me down and choke my shit up.
Well that escalated quickly.
In my universe, dinosaurs are zombies.
I'm sure they eat armpits in Eastern Europe.
Why the fuck am I so excited about a one-armpit-ed husband? He could ask William to buy a new armpit, though.
Back to the rant at hand, finally.
Yes, yes - this is important shit.
Lady, you can barely read this.
What-the-fucking indeed.
Mm-hm, angry. I think we've established that.
I can't.
At this point, I drop the camera and it takes quite awhile to get it under control again.

Him: Time to turn it off.
Me: *giggles like a moron* I am not a person to be trifled with!
 
More like an agent of the Pack Preposterous
I really need to stop using that word.
I'm in the struggle. Just look at those eyebrows.
Does anyone else just want to throw me into the bathtub?
and blotchy, don't forget blotchy.
Feel free to stop talking any time, me.
Not fucking in a bunch of rubble could improve your level of satisfaction.
Next time, I'm slapping some powder on that face.
Silver linings, etc
I seriously don't think Husband moved a single inch during this entire ordeal.
To answer your question, yes - I talked about that ding-dang popsicle for like, a week.
Eye roll therefore I am.
I still can't get used to seeing my nose from an angle I never see my nose. It's pretty huge.
Well, at least I'm aware of it.
Daddy like beer.
He doesn't say much in German, apparently. He doesn't have the gift.
"Drink, but not while eating popsicles with bad puns on the sticks."
At this point, I'd said, "letsgeww." (which is "let's go" in a south Jersey accent. Happens when I beer.)

Yeah, our kids will be fine.
.
submit to reddit
add to del.icio.us saved by 0 users

4 comments:

DogsOnDrugs.com said...

The popsicle riddles are widely debated in my household. My children, thirsty for knowledge, demand to know why a particular joke is funny.

7 Year Old: Why is that funny?

Me: It's not.

7: Then why put it on a popsicle?

Me: Exactly.

5 Year Old: The popsicle should say Fart Poop Pee-Pee! HAHAHAHA!!!

7: HAHAHAHAHA!!!

5: HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Me: This is why we don't have popsicles for dessert very often.

Unknown said...

I feel your ... pain?

Also, for the right motivation (flattery and affection), I will send the link to the actual video so one can hear my weird drunken voice. I don't slur so much as I sound as though I'm wearing a retainer.

My own mother has commented on this.

Vesta Vayne said...

There are so many awesome things happening here, I don't even know where to begin. The translated captions are fantastic, I'm pretty sure there needs to be a band called Sudbeck the Misfortune.

Unknown said...

I was thinking Sudbeck the Misfortune could be some sort of clumsy Viking. He'd never be harmed by his stupidity, but anyone in his vicinity would get a boo-boo.