subheading

This is my blog, and it is dangerous. Do you think I want to die like this?





Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Plane travel is as complicated as filing income taxes (except with groping)

Although I'm sure it's only a matter of time before a government agent comes to handle parts of your body when they deliver your w2.  But that's not what I'm here to complain about.

I want to talk about my frozen meals again.  ConAgra, as they promised, sent me a free coupon for one of their delicious (except for the vegetables) frozen dinners.  I got myself the Country Fried Chicken & Gravy, since the vegetable is corn and one of the only edible options - it can be mixed with the mashed potatoes and its taste can be further obscured by the gravy. 

I was grossly mistaken about the corn being edible, though.  I'm not sure exactly what had transpired at the factory, but it appeared as though most of the corn had been pre-chewed.  I was loathe to even taste it, and opened up a can of my own corn, which you can see poured over the mashed potatoes, for the sake of comparison.  Yes, I took pictures - because if you don't, it never happened.

But first, let's take a look at what they claim you're getting:

Corn on the cob, huh? Somebody's asleep at the cobber, I think.
http://www.mariecallendersmeals.com/index.jsp#/frozen-meals-chicken-country-fried-chicken


Here's what you get:

Better luck next time, me.
.
submit to reddit
add to del.icio.us saved by 0 users

6 comments:

E. Studnicka said...

I can't believe I am saying this, but that is uglier than Rachel Zoe's daughter.

Madeline Hammersmark said...

I hate the concoctions that they try to pass off as "mashed potatoes". It's unnerving.

Unknown said...

Truth be told, everything BUT the vegetables in most Marie Callender's frozen dinners taste pretty good - a lot of them have the sauce or gravy in separate packets, which is nice.

The Marie Callender's corn is not sitting on mashed potatoes. It's actually that pre-chewed and soupy looking. The mashed potatoes is under my canned corn.

Unknown said...

mashed potatoes are*?

Madeline Hammersmark said...

Grammar fail.

CoachBeer said...

I am Logan I am fat I am hungry.