subheading

This is my blog, and it is dangerous. Do you think I want to die like this?





Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Facebook Ads (this time it's serious)

Don't you just love those ads on the side of your Facebook page?  Don't answer - of course you do.  Everybody loves seeing a failgorithm do its job.

Speaking of which, despite the fact that my name in no way resembles anything bird-related, I never discuss birds, I remain quite birdless and that I am, in-fact, still not a damned bird, Facebook ads continue their steadfast obsession with birds - parrots, in particular.  Let's take a freaking gander.


Pretty standard stuff here. Except if your parrot can't whistle, it's probably a hamster. Look into it.
Things do get a little strange, though.


Talk about bucket lists?  Yes, let's.  I thought you'd never ask.


Then what we have are your general wildlifery type ads.  Facebook is under the misapprehension that Nico spends a lot of time out-of-doors.  Facebook hasn't seen Nico's alabaster skin.


Facebook's overflowing, nearly infinite wisdom has now decided that I would make a stellar drug counselor.  Ha!  You're not a trip, Facebook - you're a 50-foot fall!

submit to reddit
add to del.icio.us saved by 0 users

11 comments:

denimp said...

I liked the fishing one. Lol

SqueakyReerow said...

"Finally a doe I can eat in one sitting"....almost made me pee myself! But no noshing on baby sea turtles...that makes me sad:(

Unknown said...

I'm glad you enjoyed a non-Sims update, Denim.

Fret not, Squeaky. No animals were harmed in the writing of this post.

Madeline Hammersmark said...

This post is as amusing as it is exhausting.

I can't imagine the kind of time you put in to this, what with saving all the ads!

Thanks for amusing those of us too lazy to amuse ourselves. <3

Unknown said...

Saving them is a compulsion now. I have a Blog folder full of Facebook ads, various other Facebook things I haven't made into posts yet and junk mail I get in my inbox.

I also have a folder of half-written Facebook ad jokes, and some already written ones waiting for a new update.

Every time I turn around, I think of a new project I could do. If I could actually get paid for this, I might have time to do half of what I want to do.

Unknown said...

So I was hanging out with this German girl, Barret, and we saw the revolting fish of upsetting size on River Monsters. Weirdest thing about all of that is still the facebook ad.....that's totally not that thing's habitat. It's a RIVER monster, see?

pressfi

Unknown said...

I know I wrote it, and it's not cool to laugh at your own joke, but "fish of upsetting size" cracks me up every time.

I approve of you posting your captchas.

Kari-chan said...

I always get annoyed when facebook comes up with useless non-related ads... most are related to me but these AREN'T related to you at all XD what the hhuhh...

Unknown said...

You can remove them and give them a reason why. I've been selecting "other" and then writing in things like: "I take a lot of pills, this is true - but I've never taken Zofran. Irrelevant."

Anonymous said...

Your hilarious!!!!!! :)

Unknown said...

Thanks, Nony Mous.