subheading

This is my blog, and it is dangerous. Do you think I want to die like this?





Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I Play Sims (part24)

The Rosenzweigs settle into their new home quickly and get right down to business as usual.
 
Out on her new deck, Rachel engages in a rousing phone debate about what could either be a poorly-drawn sarcophagus or a large, strangely decorated snack cake.
Rachel also continues to thumb her nose at the physical laws of the universe at every opportunity.

As for Suri, she still paints and guitars.
Suri also experiences some distinctly complicated thoughts about the Yeti while doing a load of laundry.
Stanley's taken a turn for the handy and has declared a war on the household appliances, in which he violently assaults each one by menacing it with a metal tool, in an effort to either improve its performance or render it unbreakable.
But don't ask him to repair the desktop computer when it breaks, because he will flip a shit on you.
While in the midst of beating up on the fireplace with a hammer to make it fireproof, Stanley's expression changes from grim determination to something different.
But I wasn't entirely certain what was going on until I saw this:
You should probably not stand right on top of the fire.  Is my advice.

Oh good, Suri is here.

Hell yeah, Suri.  You just Columbo'd the hell out of that situation.


You might want to think about putting him out.













It's alright, Stanley, she can take a nap or something.


Meanwhile, where has Rachel been throughout all this drama?
Oh there she is, having a laundry sniff.


Mmhm, okay.  Your house was just on fire, Rachel.


But things aren't just house fires and freshly washed clothing for Rachel - she's also been doing a little bit of work on her inventions.

Nevermind, she just made a toy dog.  It's kinda cute, actually.  Suri will be all over that.

Stanley seems to be in a strange mood lately, though - all full of oats and feeling his beans.  Wait - that does not sound right at all - switch it around.  Either way, his ornery attitude has him making regretable decisions all over the place.




But before Rachel has the chance to go find a vagrant to kick, she gets an upsetting phone call.

What with Rachel being an efficient sort of girl, she blows through all five stages of grief at a fast clip.





I Play Sims (part25)

.
submit to reddit
add to del.icio.us saved by 0 users

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Shut your squinch. *snort*

Unknown said...

Also, eerie timing! Truly.

Madeline Hammersmark said...

The swim there comment is golden.

But why would someone want to feel their oats anyway?

Unknown said...

I don't think I'm equipped to explain that.

Tangerine said...

Absolutely love your blog! I was a SIMS player until I need to format my computer and stupidly lost all my sims saves! D: Sigh! At least I have something to look forward to.

I did have a character Alaine, who was conceived by her father thru er alien probe. I swear I fixed her face through that device her grandpa got from his achievements from the science career!

Saving you on my bookmarks and links!

PS. Did Stanley head off to the bathroom after the incident? :))

Unknown said...

Thanks for reading, Tangerine! Glad you like it.

As for what Stanley did immediately after, I actually can't remember. My laptop blew up a bit ago, and I'm still waiting to get my pictures back so I can write the next chapter of the story. Everything I need is on the hard drive of my old laptop, which isn't in my possession at the moment, so I couldn't even look back at my unedited pictures to refresh my memory.

Although I'm sure you didn't intend for me to take that question quite so seriously.

Anonymous said...

This is the best Sims story I've ever read. I love it!!! It's hilarious!!! I look forward to anything you post it's like my favorite tv show... exept a book!! :D

Unknown said...

Thank you, thank you, secret admirer.

hawthornlegacycreator said...

I've been waiting for EVER for another sims post! hahaha, I love Rachel's facial expressions, they are the best!!

Unknown said...

Sorry about the wait! I'd actually planned for this to be posted last week, but my laptop exploded. Now I'm waiting for my pictures off my hard drive to start writing chapter 25. One of the things I hadn't had the chance to grab were my unedited pictures, and there are hundreds.

E. Studnicka said...

Jesus christ, how did I not see that this was up?!?!?! TEN comments before me?! This is an abomination! I demand that you delete them all and let me be the first one to spew my beverage at the computer screen in a convulsion of laughter. Perhaps one of your best works to date, my friend!

Unknown said...

I made Husband read it when he was sleep-deprived, and he stared at it humorlessly, wearing an expression as though I'd forced him to watch two ants mate when the alternative was watching Ice-T's wife Coco run down the beach.

When he was done, he just nodded at me, like, "mmhm, that's a story."

I should just start sending you personal e-mails when I put a new story or post up. You were, after all, my first actual reader who wasn't someone I already knew.