subheading

This is my blog, and it is dangerous. Do you think I want to die like this?





Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Blog Sells

As some of you know, I've been whoring my blog out at the official Sims 3 Facebook fan page, which has drastically increased my daily page views. Before then, most of my views could be attributed to the same couple of people checking my blog over and over again to see if I had posted an update or if someone had replied to a comment.

Since I write a Sims story, it would probably be sort of psychotic for me not to seek out Sims 3 players to read my blog.  But, I couldn't just throw my link up once on a page with about 6 million fans and expect that to be enough.  I had to be a nag about it, and post it a few times a day - and I couldn't just link to my Sims story and say, "read my blog, y'all!" because, well - nobody gives a shit.  Do you have any idea how many people write Sims stories?  Everybody, that's how many - and they're all putting their link up and saying, "check out my legacy & follow plz!"

A staggering amount of those people are linking to a story they haven't even started writing yet - a terrifying amount are trying to bore us into a coma with the 100 baby challenge.  What's the 100 baby challenge, you ask?  As far as I can tell, it's an attempt to create something more mind-numbingly eye-drying than stacking saltines on your god-forsaken eyeballs.  I could be wrong.  I wouldn't touch it with your eyeballs.

As a result, every time I post a link to my Sims stories, I have to say something stupid to get the attention of the attention-deficient.  Since you're here, it's safe to assume you actually enjoy the weird crap I spit out on a whim, so I've decided to post a chunk here and there of those fairly ridiculous and sometimes disturbing things I say to get people to come for the Sims and stay for the warping of their minds.

-----

Check out the Sims story I write for my blog. Everybody hates it. I mean, they love it ... the 15 people I poke with sticks to read it. But if you read it, I won't poke you, I promise.

I have an ongoing Sims story on my blog (among other crap I talk about). The great thing is that reading this story is good for your skin (if you wash your face once you're done reading). It's also calorie-free, and won't make you smell, unless you already do.

Don't read this blog. It will make you grow an extra arm ... from your EYE.
(This one did not work at all. Almost no hits.)

I've fixed the problem of extra arms growing from your eye, so it's safe to read the Sims story on my blog. In fact, I've added a feature where it actually makes your arms ... better. Than they were. Imagine how great your arms could be if you read my story from beginning to end and then followed my blog? Holy crap, it's too wonderful to even think about.

I've placed a magical spell on my blog that will bestow upon all its readers superhuman awesomeness. You can't beat that. Unless you have a really big stick.

I don't actually write this Sims story, the Sims voices within my head do - and they told me to tell you that if you read their blog, they'll give you candy. Personally, I wouldn't trust them. You have no idea how they abuse me.

You know how sometimes you think to yourself, "I'm bored, but lazy. I want to put something into my eyes, and there should be pictures." I have the answer: my blog. It is a terrific waste of your time. Put it into your eyes.

My Sims said that if I don't tell you all to come read about them, very bad things will happen to me. They also said that if I didn't remind people to follow or click the "Like" button on the right-hand side of the blog, I would live to regret it. I'm really worried that even though I did what they told me to do, they're still going to torture me.

You guys should read this blog because 1. There are Sims in it and they're always getting up to something. 2. It's great for your diet, if you eat vegetables while reading it. 3. I love you.

-----
As an extra bonus for putting up with all of that, here's a recent conversation I had on the Sims 3 fan page, which is probably more difficult to deal with than anything else I've said in this post. Enjoy.

submit to reddit
add to del.icio.us saved by 0 users

14 comments:

Steve said...

I think you may have too much time on your hands. Get the muffin out of your Asus! ;p

Unknown said...

I've had a ridiculous amount of time on my hands while waiting for the contents of my hard drive to get here. I can't do any story writing without my pictures, I'm afraid to try to open my Legacy family without putting as much of my original game files back in (even though I was keeping a back-up) and all other writing has been at a stand-still because of fretting over the first two things. All I CAN do is fart around.

William said...

You wouldn't mind if I started making my legacy story's advertisements more interesting like yours are would you? I just felt like I should ask first (I'm NOT asking if I can copy your captions, I will make my own)
P.S. I only go on blogspot for your blog, so I'm not officially a member or anything like that)

Unknown said...

You mean like for when you advertise your Legacy on the Sims 3 fan page, etc.? Of course not - I didn't invent comedy, sarcasm or absurdity. As long as you're not copying my captions, knock yourself out. I think everyone should try to be more creative than just saying, "uh, read my Legacy." so I'm all for it.

William said...

Like I said, just thought I should ask, I didn't want you wondering why my advertisements suddenly got much more interesting

brigirl1991 said...

I hope not all the Baby Challenges are boring. >sulk< And I do apologize for the amount of them. I'm afraid I was the first to make a page for the challenge, and BOOM.

If I am to be fair, though, I wouldn't even read my own challenge. So props the the three hundred people that do.

I see your posts on the Sims 3 page and they always make me smile. Well...

Winkwink.

Unknown said...

I can't say they're ALL boring, because I definitely don't hate myself enough to read them all. ;)

I don't have a problem with baby challenges, I just thing that like a lot of challenges, they're more of a chore than a story. I'm sure some people can make them interesting, but even I would be hard pressed to find a way to stick to the rules and be able to pay attention to writing.

Thanks for stopping by to tell me about your smiles. :)

brigirl1991 said...

I don't read any Sims stories right now, besides yours. But I am the person behind Veronica, and it definitely can be a chore. Getting people to like it makes the whole thing worth it, even though it's the same story after a while. And I'm hard pressed to find a way to make her lifestyle excusable. Hmm...

You're welcome. Your use of periods and capitals drew me in and your humor kept me around.

Unknown said...

I gotta appreciate someone COMING to my blog for the grammar and punctuation.

I'll have to pay more attention to Veronica. Sometimes it's hard to connect people who follow my blog with their projects in the community, but now that I know she's yours I'll make more of an effort.

I'm glad if you're only reading one, it's mine. I'd have to not like you otherwise. ;P

brigirl1991 said...

Oh gosh. I can't promise brilliance. But I can promise grammar! Yaaay.

Unknown said...

I'll take it!

Jennifer said...

Thank you. For making me spit out my soup. You owe me a soup. -_-

Unknown said...

You'll find about 3 or 4 cans of Chicken Noodle Os in my pantry. Or what is currently serving as a pantry.

Jennifer said...

I took all of it. That okay? I hope so. Eh, there goes more soup. Want it back? Oh and: YEODIA!