subheading

This is my blog, and it is dangerous. Do you think I want to die like this?





Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I Play Sims (part25)

When we last left the Rosenzweig family, they'd just lived through a house fire and the death of the Stanley's & Suri's father, Lenny Smith-Jones.  Not long after his passing, Rachel got the call that her old boss, friend and swimming companion Wei Keane had died as well.  Rachel makes a very sad trip to the mausoleum to collect their remains.

Rachel chooses a quiet corner of her property to place Lenny's headstone, and doesn't waste a minute before she gets to mournin'.
Along with practicing martial arts on her lawn, Rachel continues to devote the bulk of her free time to her newest hobby: inventing at her work bench, al fresco.
But first, Rachel needs to collect scrap metal from the local junk yard.



Make haste! To the workbench!



Don't pontificate, Stanley.  Put your mother's butt out.



Okay, that looked kind of fun.


Walk it off, Rachel. It's time for work.




Why don't we just go see what Suri and Stanley are getting up to ...





That actually makes me wonder what those two dream about.



And there's no stopping Rachel from pulling martial arts poses, whether she's waiting for a friend to answer the door, or just grabbing the mail after work.


Speaking of abnormal ...




Rachel's on her way to meet her new neighbor, Darryl Fünke - he's just moved in down the street, with Julienne Knack.










With that, Rachel heads straight home to get a little inventing done at her workbench.


I Play Sims (part26)

.
submit to reddit
add to del.icio.us saved by 0 users

21 comments:

Darryl said...

Heyyyyyy-ooooo!

Who's the jerk who can't figure out what the word "literally" means? I literally jump off a bridge every time I see it used incorrectly.

Unknown said...

It's meant ironically. Haven't you been fitted with an irony filter, you hipster?

ButchSims said...

Her butt must be permanatly scarred by all that fire. And I love that painting of the guy with a mohawk surrounded by dragons. I've never seen that one, is it a mod or in the Base game?

Carolyn Smith said...

Crikey Moses, Rachel what have you been eating! hahahaha, Nico You are HILARIOUS!

Unknown said...

I don't have any painting mods, so it's not that. I have WA, HELS, Ambitions and Late Night installed. Generations is still in the plastic.

Layle said...

Look who finally got an update out! Hooray!! Hilarious chapter! Keep them coming. We all love them.

Unknown said...

Carolyn, YOU'RE hilarious.

Thanks, Layle!

Madeline Hammersmark said...

"Of course there will be music - are you demented?"


This line is so awesome, I'm going to start working it into my regular speech.

Unknown said...

Aha, yes. That was a line written in the wee hours of the morning. The entire bit from Darryl's first appearance until the end was written during that time.

Unknown said...

And that must be why it was my favorite part!

Unknown said...

Have you noticed that real life Darryl (top of comments) has the same hair as Rachel after she gets blown up? Maybe that's why he's so cranky, he's a burn victim!

Unknown said...

I don't know about burn victim, but maybe his head asplode.

William Galloway said...

Yeah... She deffinetly shouldn't get a bonfire.... With her luck, the house would be engulfed in flames

TML said...

Fantabulous!!! Solid chapter, I "literally" laughed outloud. Oh BTW, I know this is totally irrelevant, but I love Rachel's hair in the ponytail! :D

Unknown said...

Smitty can bring her almost anything.

I think I got that hair from MTS. I don't download a lot of CAS stuff from anywhere else, because I don't trust it.

E. Studnicka said...

Good eye Bunny! He also enjoys wearing ladies underwear when he is driving his invisible car.
Darryl, you know I'm only revealing your deepest, darkest secrets because I am terribly jealous of you getting an invite to Rach's B-day party.
Nico, I too am in the school of thought that this is among the top 5 of your best updates.

Unknown said...

Thank you kindly, MWB - this is really surprising, though. I didn't think this one was that great, although I guess I'm not the best judge of something I spend hours staring at.

And you could totally get written into my stories if I had pictures of you. Don't you want to see what you'd look like as a Sim?

E. Studnicka said...

But good lady, the dazzling picture you see before you is the closest known rendition of something capable of producing my wit and talent... you see, cameras tend to explode when they come within any distance of my atomic aura of awesomeness. It is impossible to capture my beauty on camera... only once has a person attempted to photograph me. The developed image was that of a zebra with orange stripes shooting rainbows light from each of it's three nostrils. What happened to the photographer is too horrible and fabulous for words...

Unknown said...

You'll have to wait for the Pets expansion to not only come out, but also get all the kinks worked out and patched before I can get any type of animal like that in the game.

Although, if you wanted a Sim that generally looks like you, you could describe your features to me (face shape, eye shape, color, skin tone, hair) and I could approximate you and put that Sim in at some point in the future. Unless you wanted to date Stanley. Although I was considering making him gay.

E. Studnicka said...

Create the most amazingly bizarrely spectacular sim ever and that's what my features look like. I am an entity of beauty and ambiguity and beef bacon. I defy sexual orientation as I am utterly too incredible for any mortal to be able to desire and maintain a degree of mental stability. However, Stanley, being not exactly a mortal, is exactly my type. Set me up immediately. I don't think I can keep myself from that gorgeous creature for much longer...

Unknown said...

You may regret encouraging me.