subheading

This is my blog, and it is dangerous. Do you think I want to die like this?





Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Bonus post! Nico has a dream.

I dreamed that I lived in a little person's apartment, where all of the counters were just up to mid-thigh, and my neighbor was some sort of ... frightening, fabulous gay guy who had a couple of ... young man slaves around, and he'd make them use a leaf blower to clear the path in front of him as he walked.  Sometimes he'd just walk around in circles to keep them busy.  I don't know why there were so many leaves around, especially on a second floor deck.  Anyway, I largely avoided this guy - he almost never spoke and when he did it was in a terrifying booming voice making one-word demands of his men servants.  Man servants?  Either way, they dressed like they lived at Hot Topic, so I'm sure you can see why I wanted to give that happy horseshit a wide berth.

But one day, the skinny neighbor used my apartment to make a phone call - because in my dreams, cell phones do not exist.  He'd been expecting good news, but had gotten very unpleasant news instead.  I decided this guy needed a hug, but he was a little hard to convince to sit still for it.  I tried pinning him down in a chair, like, "hey, just sit still ya jerk, this cuddle will fix everything!"  But he just persisted in his zagging, arms akimbo.  That sucker was pretty fast. 

This dream, to me, is proof positive that not only do I never dream about what I command my brain to dream, but also, I'm pretty effing starved for hugs (not to mention, desperately confused) if I'm considering pinning down the closest gay guy I can find.
.
submit to reddit
add to del.icio.us saved by 0 users

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Having been your friend for many many years I feel like I can tell you that your approach to hugs can be daunting to those of us who are hug-shy. I suggest calmly sidling up first, as though approaching an easily spooked horse, maybe even have treats in one hand while making gentle clucking sounds......

Bridgey said...

But what was the catch phrase? I need more 'hot on the bus'.

Unknown said...

Bunny Walker, you are right. Reciting the lyrics to Someone Keeps Moving My Chair while running toward a person with my arms wide open hasn't been successful for me, ever. I'll amend my methods.

Bridgey, you raise a very good question, but I don't believe this one has a catch phrase. Although I don't know why he wouldn't hug me, I'm obviously hot on the bus.

Madeline Hammersmark said...

Your hot on the bus and they just don't know it yet.

Madeline Hammersmark said...

you're*

Anonymous said...

You're hot on a bus,
being hot, can mean sweaty, buses are sweaty places after 2pm.
So this dream is telling you that you're sweaty and strangers don't want to hug sweaty people.
-Trapeeeeeeeeed.................
baby challenge

Lauren said...

I can never remember dreams this vividly, Ms. Hot on the Bus.

Unknown said...

I have vivid dreams from the Melatonin I take.