subheading

This is my blog, and it is dangerous. Do you think I want to die like this?





Saturday, January 15, 2011

No to Katy, but hell yes to Ke$ha.

Why?  I think the looming and obvious answer is that Ke$ha doesn't try to pull any of that cutesy little girl crap, all mixed in with her sexuality - she's not trying to have her cupcake tits and eat 'em too.  She's picked what she's going to be, and she's sticking with it:



Total scuzzball - and I'm okay with that.  I'm kinda scuzzy myself, so maybe it's a tribal thing - you know, I'm recognizing one of my kind or something.  Don't get me wrong - I'm about as anal retentive as they come.  I will organize the shit out of my closet, and don't even think about messing with my system.  But I will also go to bed with makeup on without a second though - and you really don't want to enter a "who can go the longest without a shower" contest because I will soundly defeat you.  I could probably even beat Ke$ha.

This isn't to say that I'm not slightly embarrassed to admit that I dig on some Ke$ha songs - but not nearly as embarrassed as I'd be to admit to enjoying Katy Perry's music - which I don't.  Katy Perry's a good singer - but her music is, for the most part, completely vile.  It's the difference between, "I'll refer to your penis in a cutesy and euphemistic manner ... teehee, my tits shoot whipped cream!" and "Alright, you can come party with us - but you'll probably shit glitter for a month, so don't say you ain't been warned." 

Maybe there's something wrong with me, but I'd much rather party with the dumpster diving dirty freak who's wearing crap on her face that looks like it came out of my craft drawer.  I just think I'd have more fricking fun with her.  She'd probably have boots I could borrow, and wouldn't be a little priss about sharing her hairbrush.

Ke$ha's also not under the misapprehension that she has an important message to impart - there's no pretension.  She's aware of the fact that she makes pop music.  I don't see her all over the place yapping about her "process" or thinking we need to hear every damned fart that comes out of her brain.  

Katy Perry makes me groan for womankind.  Ke$ha makes me wish I was still young enough to go clubbing without it being a potentially pathetic scene.  So, Ke$ha, with your bad self - do continue.
submit to reddit
add to del.icio.us saved by 0 users

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Ke$ha is SUCH an RV girl.

Unknown said...

Word.

Madeline Hammersmark said...

Hahaha, oh damn it's true.

E. Studnicka said...

Just to be obnoxious and argumentative, I'd like to point out that Ke&ha probably doesn't own a hairbrush.

E. Studnicka said...

Sorry, I meant Ke%ha.

E. Studnicka said...

Ke$ha.

Unknown said...

Should I tell the barkeep you're flagged?