subheading

This is my blog, and it is dangerous. Do you think I want to die like this?





Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Posting Posters & Creating the Sims Stories

I'm only about 13-1/2 hours of work into my next Sims update, which means I've just barely started the photo editing.  As I've explained to my adorable and terrifying baby sister, I don't just shit those things out on a leisurely Friday afternoon. 

When I first started them, they took significantly less time, but the story has grown and become more complicated - and I am by nature an unrepentant anal-retentive.  I took over 200 pictures in-game for this recent update, and will probably only have about 20 photos in the story.  When you have 200 pictures named "Screenshot-xxx" you have to rename them, or you will go insane trying to keep them organized.  At least, that's what the voices tell me.

Then I have to edit the photos into a general storyline, which is my least favorite part.  That's right - I'd rather re-name 200 pictures than create a loose outline for the story.  The next step is the actual writing, which is a whirlwind of me vacillating between being sure I'm brilliant, and being absolutely certain there's a reason almost nobody reads my blog.  I show it to my husband and he either laughs his butt off, or stares blankly - it really depends on how many Tim and Eric references I make.

Now I'm finally one of those assholes I hate who just explained their "process".  To reward you for reading, and to tide you over while I'm still writing, I offer to you these stupid motivational posters I made.  I hope they're a smack in your lazy bone.





P.S. Happy Birthday (again) Zaggy

submit to reddit
add to del.icio.us saved by 0 users

9 comments:

Blakenetizen said...

ouch! sounds painfully elaborate

YOMomma said...

Might have been more satirically satisfied..... if you didnt reference Nights in Rodanthe.

Anonymous said...

People don't realize it takes as much work as it do. Yo.

I love the posters. The last one is my favorite! I was wondering if you'd made the birfday one you sent me.

Unknown said...

Of course I did. Happy Birthday/Rachel Zoe motivational posters are kind of a niche market.

Madeline Hammersmark said...

Could you please explain the last one to me.

Unknown said...

It's only funny to fans of Rachel Zoe. It's for Zaggy's Birthday.

Unknown said...

Oh, and blake - you've described almost everything I do.

E. Studnicka said...

Alright. I have been studying these for six days and now I give.
WHAT DO THEY MEAN?????

Unknown said...

Roffle. I'm going to go ahead and guess that it's the "all anus" one that vexes you the most? That one doesn't mean anything. I don't even remember what I was thinking when I typed the phrase into the poster generator - but when I typed "anus" into the search for the picture and got that image - well ... at least it made me laugh.

The next three are things my husband has said to me. He's one funny fucker.

The last one requires being a Rachel Zoe fan. I just put that up for Zaggy, because it was her birthday.